Thursday, February 09, 2006

Bottom Feeders

Guess I'm boiling at the underhanded tactics of some of Bremerton's merchants. Since we bought CuRVy, we've received 3 "cryptic" phone messages.

Two of them were from the same party: another car dealer. The first message asked us to call back because they wanted to be sure we were satisfied with the car purchase. The second message said that our licenses were in and to call back and make an appointment to pick them up. When we called these numbers, the phone was answered "Parr Ford". We had no dealings with them and expect they went through public records to find we had just purchased the car. We thought it was more than a little cinchy that they didn't bother to say on the message what company they were with but just let us assume it was with the dealer we had bought from.

The last message was from Bridget at Kitsap Credit Union calling to get my correct address for the loan I had and to please call her back. Since we do not have an account at Kitsap Credit Union I wondered if we may have had our identity stolen.
I called the number left in the message and Pam answered. I said that I had a message on my answering machine from Bridget. Pam said that: oh, yes, Bridget isn't here right now. I said that Bridget said she was from the Kitsap Credit Union. Pam said: Because it is after hours, we don't answer the phone with "Kitsap Credit Union". I said this doesn't sound right and hung up. The next working day I contacted the bank and they verified that that was a good phone number for the bank, and that Bridget worked there, and wanted to know if we had just bought a car. Apparently searching through public records for new car purchases is a normal tactic for this bank.
I'm very disappointed with these bottom feeders. And their dishonesty with potential customers. Bah!