This might be worded "Who Likes to Putter?". Green thumb I am not. But do like to putter in the garden. My weeding is not much of a task with the addition of landscape fabric and bark atop my beds. And pruning for a trainee is wherever the shears can cut. I suppose there is a method but I haven't gotten to that.
.
We built a new garden bed a few years ago.
.
So I'm learning about annuals and perennials - one lasts a year and the other for more than that, they say.
So I'm learning about annuals and perennials - one lasts a year and the other for more than that, they say.
.
I'm hoping to find some plants where the blooms can be cut to make a bouquet (not there yet).
I'm hoping to find some plants where the blooms can be cut to make a bouquet (not there yet).
.
I'm learning about slugs - they don't eat my evergreen shrubs.
I'm learning about slugs - they don't eat my evergreen shrubs.
.
I'm learning about how things grow: from rhizomes or bulbs or seed.
I'm learning about how things grow: from rhizomes or bulbs or seed.
.
And I laud the miracles of Miracle-Gro!
And I laud the miracles of Miracle-Gro!
I've gone to many garden stores and pick out the new and unique. Learned that "new" does not mean it grows good.
| Bleeding heart sits with the ferns near my fountain - seems to like it there |
| Flowering Maple - not a maple |
| The pot has a dracena (the spiky plant) that has been recovered from the compost pile from last year - must be a perennial, huh? |
| Look at this - Red Hot Pokers actually living! Hummers love them |
| Black eyed Susan vine - just starting to reach |
| Blue captures my attention but not the hummers too much |
I've gone to a class to learn about fool-proof perennials (we'll see about that).
.
Went to the garden club sale and bought 5 plants I've never heard of for $3 each! 3 are blooming. Hoorah.
Went to the garden club sale and bought 5 plants I've never heard of for $3 each! 3 are blooming. Hoorah.
.
I have strawberries (ground cover) and raspberries (1 plant) making berries! The blueberry plant looks sad.
I have strawberries (ground cover) and raspberries (1 plant) making berries! The blueberry plant looks sad.
| Strawberries and Sprinkler Man |
And now I have a pick-up bed trailer full of bark to spread.
.
We have attracted so many birds this year. Many hummingbirds. Many butterflies and bees.
May was a beautiful month here. Record breaking for very little rain. A few days in the 80's. But mostly great gardening weather.

