> It was about time:
This family gets a new car every 13 years or thereabouts.
This time only 11 1/2 years passed.
This time only 11 1/2 years passed.
.
> I wanted my new car to get a lot better gas mileage - a hybrid?
> I'm getting old (check out the gray hair):
My friend with a new car told me a story about what tipped the scales at
her house:
her house:
She posed a question to her husband: "Will my car last 10 years?" "NO."
"Then I want a new one now while I am still smart enough to figure out
all the bells and whistles." and she did.
"Then I want a new one now while I am still smart enough to figure out
all the bells and whistles." and she did.
I used that ploy and it worked. And, man oh man, she was right.
There are 494 pages in the Owner's Manual and it is going to take a
long time to learn it all!
long time to learn it all!
But I do know how to start and stop, turn on the wipers and headlights.
Pretty basic stuff.
Pretty basic stuff.
.
> It had to be towable 4 wheels down – automatic tranny preferred.
The Ford C-Max met those requirements and then some –
no fuses to pull, no mph limit
no fuses to pull, no mph limit
> Dean has to fit in it. No problem. Cross that one of the list.
.
> It has to be a bright color - white or tan or beige - so it can be seen.
In fact, probably should have looked for a bright red car so other drivers
can avoid this senior driver.
.
.
> It has to be a bright color - white or tan or beige - so it can be seen.
In fact, probably should have looked for a bright red car so other drivers
can avoid this senior driver.
.
We looked at a few, we sat in a few, we looked at ads, we used the Costco Auto Program and True Car. No dealerships had just what I wanted and I didn't want to pay for extras I didn't want. So I was exploring ordering one directly from the Ford factory when a dealership in Renton offered us a vehicle with all the bells and whistles for $4000 less than my ordering a stripped down version. Went and looked and bought.
.
Some fun bells and whistles: keyless start, backup camera, blind spot alert, GPS, automatic lift gate, no hands parallel parking (scary!)
![]() |
| Finding a route, making phone calls hands free, nice speakers |
Nice!
.
My next car in 13 years will be autonomous.


