For such a big family it has taken a long time to get the Gunnerson cousin's together for a reunion. It was an enjoyable time with Ulf and Lena coming from Sweden and various cousin's coming from around the country. Cousin Carol planned this all and it went great.
On the first night we had a Swedish Smorgasbord. And with a bit of help by our Swedish cousins who brought us Snaps sampler packs we had rousing renditions of Swedish drinking songs and toasts while we were faithfully sampling all 10 varieties! Our skills at interpreting the Swedish songs left something to be desired so we were glad when we finally had an English version to sing to:
I LIKE THE SNAPS
I like the snaps, and the snaps likes me,
thrilling as only a snaps can be.
I want to drink the real elite"
I drink the aquavit.
Over the mountains, over the sea,
thousands of snapses are waiting for me.
Please go to hell with the juice and the tea,
snaps is the drink for me!
The second night we had a western BBQ picnic to give our Swedish cousins a taste of how we do it out west. In between we all took in the sights of Colorado Springs but mostly visited on the deck of the Tree-Top Suite!
Gotta do this again!

